Takes over the expensive and incomplete job of oxidation (shocking) performed by chlorine, allowing you to radically reduce the amount of chlorine required to maintain healthy pool water. Traditionally chlorine is used as an oxidiser (shock) and as a sanitiser in swimming pool maintenance. Chlorine is a very poor oxidiser; it leaves behind byproducts that combine and form chloramines. Our natural Pool Treatment enzymes bio-oxidise pool water contaminates completely, leaving only simple salts, water and Co2 which off gases. In turn only a very small amount of chlorine is needed to to sanitise the water.